Parents interested in joining students on a field trip:
- Must be cleared in VIPS with a completed security check before the field trip.
- Need to get permission from your teacher to chaperone. Sometimes the number of chaperones is limited due to the nature of the trip. Sometimes the number of chaperones is unlimited.
- Usually need to pay your own admission costs. The PTO pays the students’ and teachers’ admission costs only.
- Usually need to arrange your own transportation from school to the site and back. Parents are usually not allowed on the chartered buses. Please check with your teacher for specifics.
- Need to arrange childcare for young children; babies and toddlers should not be brought on field trips.
- Must come to school in the morning and check in as a chaperone. You cannot just meet the class at the site.
- Parents who are not teacher-approved chaperones are not allowed to “meet the class” at the site.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here