A supportive parent is one of several key factors to a successful child. You can support by volunteering. We offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule. We host events in the morning, during school hours, after school, and even weekends. Volunteer at the school or remotely. There is always something you can do. Please contact a PTO member and check LivingTree posts for specific volunteer opportunities with events.
More details about School Life, Fundraising, and Room Parents are listed here.
Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS)
All volunteers at Briarmeadow must be registered through the HISD Volunteers in Public Schools Program (VIPS). All volunteers must pass an annual background check before they can participate as a volunteer. Once registered and cleared, all volunteers can work at any HISD campus. Please register at www.houstonisd.org/vips. If you are unsure if you are registered in the HISD VIPS program, please check with the front desk.
Parent Teacher Organization
Every Briarmeadow parent or guardian is a part of the parent teacher organization. It is composed of both parents and teachers who volunteer their time to host fundraisers and events. The funds that are generated by the PTO help fund everything from supplies, equipment, transportation, field trips, and more so our kids can have a one of a kind education.
BCS PTO has several open chair positions that needs to be filled. Please volunteer.
Room parents works as a liaison between the PTO and the classroom parents. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Act as an activities coordinator for all celebrations in the classroom and provide information between the teacher and the classroom parents.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the teacher.
- Assist the teacher in the classroom and with material preparation as deemed necessary by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher with planning and implementing special events and projects.
- Coordinate volunteers for classroom parties (Holiday, Valentines, End of the Year, etc.).
- Coordinate volunteers for PTO/school events (Fall Festival, Grandparents Day, Peace Day Picnic, Pastries with parents, field trips, book fair, bake sales, etc.).
- Collect and maintain your class fund.
*The PTO will not cover the cost of food or supplies used for classroom activities.
*Each classroom may have more than one room parent. Parents can act as co-room parents as all room parents will take on the responsibility of representing the PTO.
Bronco Buddies is a group of parent volunteers that works to welcome and help new families transition into the Briarmeadow Charter School family. Whether it is helping with school tours to answer questions for families looking at applying to the school to hosting family nights to help fundraise, Bronco Buddies works to make
- Join our parent volunteer team.
- Aid in school tours held the first Friday of every month during the school year.
- Help and promote PTO social events such as family nights.
- Help raise school spirit for sports.
- Help raise school spirit for school competitions.
- Help welcome new families to BCS.
For additional information or if you would like to volunteer as a Bronco Buddy, please email [email protected].
The BCS Dad’s Club was established in the Spring of 2018 by a group BCS dads. These Charter Members started the Club with the mission to raise money for special projects not funded by the school’s operating budget and to improve the school grounds.
Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of the month during the school year at Mike’s Ice House &Restaurant (8746 Lipan Road, 77063). Membership dues are $50.00 per school year or 8 hours of volunteer work toward club projects. Dues and fundraisers are used to achieve the Club’s mission.
Projects have included redoing the mulch on the playgrounds, power washing school grounds, playground maintenance, weeding, painting picnic tables/benches, and general school grounds improvements. The Dad’s Club will continue to work to improve the safety and appearance of the school.
For additional information or if you would like to become a member of the Dad’s club, please call Andrew Brod at 713-275-3811 or email: [email protected].
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here